It's Karen here today to share my tag shaped card. There is so much yummy loveliness in this Graphic 45 kit (Off to the Races). I wanted to use every part of it so I made a tri-fold accordion card. Therefore, it was like decorating three card fronts for one grand project. Follow along as I share how I incorporated some of my favorite bits. Be prepared to be overloaded with roses, lace, and vintage feminine flare.
1. Cut a strip of pattern paper to form the card base. (7x12")
2. Use a scoring tool to score two lines 4" apart along the long side to form three equal sections. (4x7")
3. Fold one score line mountain fold and the other valley fold.
4. Snip off the upper corners of each section to form a tag shape.
5. Select an ephemera card, snip the corners off to make a tag, and adhere it to the center section.
6. Select a pocket shape, fold back the small tabs and adhere it to the bottom edge of the front tag. Fill the pocket with a loose collection of small ephemera cards and/or tags. Cut out a stylish vintage woman image from scrapbook paper and use it as an embellishment.
7. Select an ephemera card with a vintage portrait and attach it to the center tag. Then add additional elements from the sticker, tag, and chipboard sets. On the right tag, allow some elements to overhang the edge of the card to add interest.
8. Embellish each tag with a scrap of blue ribbon by attaching it to a tag or tucking it under other elements like a flag.
9. Next, embellish the tags with snippets of elegant lace by gracefully tucking them in between the layers.
10. Finally, attach a selection of 4-5 ribbons/lace to the top of the front tag. Add a metal charm tied with a delicate white bow. Create a small string of bunting and attach it to the upper portion of the right tag. For the final finishing touches, add roses and small flowers with pearl centers.
TIP: To really stretch your supplies, be sure to rescue any paper or images that will be hidden behind other layers. On the photo below, I fussy cut a rose from a double sided ephemera card. The reverse side of this card was used on the right tag and because of all the other layers no one will see the hole and I got an extra embellishment which I used on the left side.
Off to the Races 12x12 Paper Pad
Off to the Races Coordinating Card Stock
Off to the Races Ephemera Cards
Off to the Races Stickers
Off to the Races Banners
Off to the Races Tags and Pockets
Off to the Races Chipboard
Off to the Races Charms
Off to the Races 12x12 and 8x8 I REALLY Want It All Bundle
- scoring tool & scoring board
- 3D foam tape
- baker's twine
- hole punch
- ribbon / lace
- roses / pearlsTo see more projects by our Designer Karen visit her blog, Art & Soul.
Thanks for visiting us today!
So gorgeous and detailed! Fabulous work!ReplyDelete