Hi Friends! ReNae here with the FotoBella Design Team, and do I have a fun project for you today!! We are going to make a cute and super easy card using only a paper trimmer, a circle punch, a scallop punch, and the fun & funky embellishments you receive when you buy the Typeset "I Want It All" Bundle from Basic Grey and FotoBella!
I love this paper collection. The colors are soft and right on trend, in fact, most of these colors are on the Pantone 2016 Colors of the Year. The embellies are so fun and so in right now! This collection will be perfect for all ages and it's good for boys AND us girls!
Note: As some of you may have already learned, Basic Grey is halting production in their paper craft division and focusing solely on the quilting and textile division.
So get it while you still can!We are going to make a card measuring 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 .
YOU WILL NEED:
1 sheet 8 1/2 x 11 off-white card stock
One 1 1/2 inch Circle Punch
Scallop Punch or die
Grey Ink for distressing
Baker's Twine (grey/white)
Distress Tool or sponge
Scor-Tape or tape runner adhesive
Items from the Typeset "I want it All" Bundle, including 6x6 Paper Pad, Flair stickers and Epoxy Sticker
OPTIONAL: Hello die
1. Start with a piece of off-white card stock measuring 8 1/2 x 11" and cut it down to 5 1/2 x 11", then score it at 5 1/2 inches to create the card BASE.
2. Cut 2 strips of the grey paper with the white dots, and cut them at 2" x 5 1/2. Distress Edges.
3. Adhere to card at the top and bottom of the card, leaving an 1/8 inch of the card base showing. (Make sure you position your card in easel style, which means the opening is at the bottom.)
|Select these papers for the next few steps.|
5. Cut a strip measuring 1 1/4 x 5 1/2 from the blue "hello" paper. Distress Edges. Adhere to the top edge of the orange paper. Adhere it so that one inch extends from the orange paper.
6. Cut a strip of plain blue paper measuring 1 " x 5 1/2. Punch scallops using an edge punch. Adhere to bottom of orange strip so that the scallops extend from the edge.
7. Adhere entire piece to card base, in the center of the card and so that the grey paper is covered at the edges as shown. Adhere only on top and bottom, not on sides (this allow you to run baker's twine through the papers in a later step.)
8. Punch 3 circles using the circle punch, and adhere them side by side on the orange strip of paper.
10. Remove the letters FRIEND from the epoxy alpha sticker sheet and adhere to the card on the right side of the scallops.
Push twine towards top of card and tie a bow on the righthand side.
And that's it!
|Finished card without the "hello" die cut|
|I used this little die from my stash.|
|This is the finished card with the "hello" die cut. |
For fun I stamped the envelope with a hello stamp I had in my stash.
This card is so easy to make and would be cute
for almost any occasion so please give it a try!
Post your finished card in the comments section below!
A winner will be chosen at random from the participants!
(Winner will be announced on 2/14/16 here on the blog)
Good Luck and Have Fun!ReNae