Drea here with a card tutorial using Bo Bunny's beautiful new Altitude I Want It All Bundle
. I love the rustic charm of this collection, and decided to bring the doors to life in this winter card that can be used for so many occasions.
Supplies from Bundle: Tools:
12 x 12 Collection Pack
Ephemera Pack Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
2 Brown Brads
Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
Distress Embossing Powder (Vintage Photo)
String or Twine
Dark Brown Cardstock
1. Using the Rustic paper that comes in the 12 x 12 Collection Pack, cut out the doors leaving 1/2" around the sides, and crease along the side edges. Cut the same doors without the 1/2" edge from the other sheet of paper, since the pack comes with two sheets each. This will be for the inside.
2. Cut along the center of both sets of doors and ink around the edges using Distress Ink (Walnut Stain).
3. Cut the snowy mountain image from the top of the "Flurry" paper, leaving 1/4" along the bottom. I left a smaller amount, but it still worked. Apply the brown scallop sticker, which also comes in the collection pack, to the top of your image.
4. Cut two strips of the wood "Blizzard" paper about 1/2" wide, and the same length as your mountain image. Use the same ink along the edges, and glue to the top and bottom of your image, slightly overlapping the bottom edge and scallop border.
5. Fold the creases back on the door fronts, and glue to the back of the mountain image. Attach your brads to the fronts, using Distress Embossing Powder (Vintage Photo) on them, for added texture and rust. Tie some string or twine to one of the brads, and wrap around the other to keep your doors closed.
6. Cut a 6" x 6" card out of dark brown cardstock. Cut the same size from the turquoise lined paper that comes in the Ephemera pack, and distress the edges using the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser. Glue to your card and sew around the edges using dark brown thread. Then cut a smaller square from the snowflake "Bundled" paper, distressing the edges again. Add a ribbon to the middle and sew around the edges.
7. Open your doors and glue the other set of doors to the back, to cover the backs of the brads, and glue to the center of your card. Here is your inside view!
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!