Hello FotoBella Fans,
It's Karen here! You are going to love the Simple Stories (Sub Zero)
collection for its bright colors and quirky Winter animals. The theme for the kit is outdoor Winter fun but it is suitable for so much more. I wanted to share its versatility by using it for my holiday layout of my nephew's visit to meet Santa. Follow along, as I share my step by step directions for including an accordion fold mini album that will hold five additional photos. This clever mini album adds a fun kinetic element to the layout. Let's go!
1. Trim .25" from both sides of a 12x12" patterned paper. Matte with red card stock.
2. Cut a 4x12" strip of a solid color card stock to create the mini accordion fold album.
3. Use a scoring board and scoring tool to make three parallel lines. Score lines 3" apart along the 12" side to form four 3x4" sections.
Make an accordion book by alternating valley and mountain folds.
Attach a decorative cover to the first page.
Apply background paper to the 3x4" sections.
Matte photos and adhere them to the remaining sections.
Embellish with strips of washi tape.
Decorate each page with matching sticker embellishments.
The mini album has eight sections and can hold six photos, a cover, and a last page. Be sure to leave the last page blank so that it can be adhered to the layout. Adhere small tabs along the right side as a convenient handle to open the mini album.
4. Matte a 4x6"photo with pattern paper. Trim a 4x6" card to be used as a journaling block, matte with card stock, and adhere to the layout.
5. Adhere an additional green strip and embellish with snowflakes.
6. Add a large title and embellish with white enamel dots.
A Closer Look:
Simple Stories Sub Zero 12x12 Collection Kit
Simple Stories Sub Zero 6x12 Chipboard
Simple Stories Sub Zero Bits & Pieces
Simple Stories Sub Zero 4x6 Stickers
Simple Stories Sub Zero Feelin Frosty Washi Tape
Simple Stories Sub Zero 12x12 Collectors Essential Kit
- scoring board and scoring tool
- red and green cardstock
- 3D foam tape
- alphabet stickers
- enamel dots
To see more amazing projects by our Designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul