If ever there was a collection that speaks to my soul, it's the Graphic 45 (Kaleidoscope) I Want It All Bundle from FotoBella.com! Drea here with an assortment of tags to showcase some of the fabulous patterns, animals, and quotes that are included. So grab your supplies and follow along.
-Black Cardstock or Tags measuring 6" X 4"
-Cheesecloth (Optional) or black and white twine/ribbon
1. Select images from the (Kaleidoscope) Tags & Pockets. To finish the edges, apply black gesso with a palette knife and let dry. Then use a small paintbrush to apply a light layer of white gesso on top. If using a pocket, assemble and glue together, as shown with the peacock one.
2. Adhere Tags & Pockets to smaller Ephemera cards after finishing the edges again with the black and white gesso.
3. At this point I decided to cut off the top remaining corners of the Ephemera card from the elephant tag.
4. Now cut tags from black cardstock using the Cricut (Plantin SchoolBook cartridge) at 6". You could use any die cutting machine with a tag, or use pre-made ones that measure 6" x 4".
5. Select papers from the Collection Pack and/or Patterns & Solids, and cut just slightly smaller than 4" X 5". It should cover the width of your tag.
6. If working with a curved tag, like mine, mark the corners with a pencil on the backs of the papers, and cut out.
7. Finish edges again using the same black and white gesso technique. You could also use paint if you don't have gesso, but you won't get the dimension.
8. Attach to tags and apply gesso to the holes and along the top edges.
9. Adhere Tags & Pockets from step 2, to the larger tags in the previous step.
10. Finally, cut 12" strips from cheesecloth at about an inch or two wide, and tie into a bow on top. You could also use black and white twine or ribbon.
I hope you'll give these a try, and make them your own, using the fun and colorful Graphic 45 (Kaleidoscope) Bundle from FotoBella.com!
Post a Comment