It's Karen...I'm here to share my second project of the month featuring the BoBunny Cottontail Collection. I love embossed textures and this is the first time I used an embossing folder over pattern paper. I selected papers with very small discreet patterns to try this technique. I love how the subtle texture brings extra life and dimension to the cards. Let's get going and I'll show you how I created these quick cards with extra embossed pizazz.
Notice the subtle embossed butterflies on the yellow pattern background paper.
Notice the subtle embossed flowers on the upper right quadrant of the background paper.
Notice the row of embossed tulips along the bottom edge of the card.
BoBunny Cottontail Collection Pack 12x12
BoBunny Cottontail Bonus 12x12 Paper Bundle
BoBunny Cottontail 12x12 Coordinating Double Dot Paper Bundle
BoBunny Cottontail 6x6 Pad
BoBunny Cottontail Layered Chipboard 6 Pieces
BoBunny Cottontail Noteworthy 28 Pieces
BoBunny Cottontail Double Dot Think Pink Brads
BoBunny Cottontail I Want It All Collection
- card base (6x6"), 3D foam tape, embossing folder, die cutting/embossing machine, leaf vine die, alphabet stickers / sentiment, ribbon
1. Select a single sheet with a small discreet pattern (Cottontail 6x6" paper pad) which will create the background.
2. Position the embossing folder over the paper and run it through the embossing machine.
3. Tie a faux bow around a 7" length of ribbon. Attach it along the lower edge of the paper and fold the ends to the backside. Adhere the background paper to the card base leaving a narrow border.
4. Select a main embellishment and matte with coordinating background paper. Fussy cut around it leaving a thin border. Then attach it with foam tape slightly overhanging the top edge of the card.
Thanks for stopping by!
To see more projects by our Designer Karen visit her blog, Art & Soul.