Halloween in September? Yes please! Last year I was a zombie and here is a wicked, scary, layout made with My Mind's Eye Something Wicked I Want It All Bundle from FotoBella.com
Want to make your own Spooky layout? Follow along my tutorial today to get yourself started. My layout features a 5"x7" photo and spray inks. I used Heidi Swapp color shine. Any ink sprays or spritzers will do, you just need red and black. FotoBella has some from Prima Marketing. Grab your Something Wicked bundle and let's go!
Paper: Going Batty, Peculiar Plaid, Bootacular
Chipboard Elements, Puffy Stickers, Mixed Bag, Decorative Tape
1. Select the Peculiar Plaid paper and use side b for the background of the layout.
2. Select the Bootacular paper and cut a piece to matte your photo (depending on photo size). I cut mine to approx 4"x5" and tore the top for the torn edge look.
3. Select the Going Batty Paper and tear a strip that is approx 4" wide and place at the left side of the back ground paper.
4. Get your ink spray in black and spray all three of the papers where they lay. How much is up to you. Since my photo is a Zombie photo, I also sprayed the layout with red color shine. (for a bloody look)
5. Then select the decorative tape and using two strips, criss cross them vertically long the right hand side edge of the Going Batty paper.
6. Over the strips of decorative tape, I added a thin strip of torn paper from the Going Batty striped side.
7. Take your photo (mine is matted in white card stock) and tuck it being the Going Batty paper and slide a small square, approx 3"x4" of Moonlight paper (side b) behind the photo on the right side.
8. Too add more red to the layout, inked the corners of the Moonlight paper before gluing it behind the photo.
9. To add embellishments to the page. I used a couple of things from the Mixed Bag. Adhere the moon to the top right corner of the layout along with the bat chipboard sticker and bat puffy sticker.
10. Place the Have a Happy Halloween chipboard banner found on the Chipboard Elements at the top of the photo along side the flying bats.
11. My favorite thing from this collection is the skull head wearing a top hat and spectacles. I had to add that to my layout. I layered it with the glitter spider circle. Both from the Mixed Bag.
I don't know which is scarier, the layout or the photo! The costume did crush the competition and got me the Scariest Costume Award at work. Now hurry, it's September, grab your Halloween supplies, Something Wicked Bundle from FotoBella and start making some wicked projects.
Have a spooky day!
Very cool! Awesome costume and page!ReplyDelete
I really like the torn paper - makes such a cute border! I love this layout!ReplyDelete