Dies & Diecuts are once again the stars of today’s tutorial. Hi Crafty Friends! ReNae here with the Fototbella.com Design Team bringing you Part 2 of my February Card & Tag series. Last week we utilized dies & diecuts to create a beautiful card, and today we will complete this set with a beautiful tag! This tag is a perfect compliment to the card we made in my last post! These two lovelies are perfect for a birthday card and gift tag, or any other special occasion where. you just want the recipient to know you love them and you care.
The Paper Collection
For today’s tag tutorial we are once again using the February papers from the Graphic 45 “Fashion Forward” paper collection. The papers are stunning, bright and subtle pinks, with a touch of green, and those gorgeous snow drops! These beautiful flowers bloom in February, reminding us that Spring is not far away!
This Month’s Focus: Dies & Diecuts
I am highlighting the use of Graphic 45’s Dies & Diecuts in both of this month’s tutorials. Two Graphic 45 dies and one diecut are used for this month’s tag. Using dies & diecuts in combination with the design papers can create beautiful results!
Dies & Diecuts: What You’ll Need
First of all you will need the stars of the show, the Graphic 45 Dies & Diecuts. We will use both the Graphic 45 Regular Tag & Gears die, and the Graphic 45 Square Tag & Clock Dies. Secondly, you will need the Fashion Forward diecut assortment. Note: If you prefer to make your own flowers from the design paper, I recommend the Graphic 45 Large Tag, ATC Tag and Flower Dies which come all together in one pack!
Supplies List for Tag Tutorial
- 1” x 4” Pink Scalloped paper from Fashion Forward Patterns & Solids pad
- 1 1/4” x 4 1/2” Snowdrop patterned paper (B side of February paper)
- Sentiments strip from February paper
- Graphic 45 Regular Tag & Gears Die
- Graphic 45 Large Tag Die and Clock Die
- Shiny black paper measuring 3” x 4 “ (for diecuts)
- Graphic 45 Diecuts
- 4 Flowers 2 in Pink and 2 in Green ( Or Large Tag, ATC, Flowers Dies)
- 4 buttons
- Embroidery floss in pink, green
- Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink
- Graphic 45 Classic Black Ink Pad
- Ink applicator blending tool
- Shimmer Sparkle Spray
- Wet Glue or Scor-Tape
- Embossing Folders (optional)
- Regular Graphic 45 tag (black)
- Coordinating Ribbons in Pink, Green.
The February Tag Tutorial: Dies & Diecuts
Continuing our focus On Dies & Diecuts, our cute tag is made exactly the same way that the February Card was made with the following exceptions:
- Instead of black panel, cut a tag diecut using the regular tag die from the Pink paper from Patterns & Solids, then emboss it using embossing folder of your choice.
- Cut the two strips for flags to measure 1 1/4“ and 1” x 4”.
- Instead of using frame die, select clock dies and cut from shiny black paper and adhere to tag.
- Select round sticker of the same girl image from sticker sheet then adhere to center of clock die.
- Tie coordinating ribbons to tag as shown.
Post a Comment