Hi Crafty peeps! ReNae here with the FotoBella Design Team! I’m here with another card tutorial for our year-long Graphic 45 Card & Tag series. The focus of this tutorial will be making a card using Dies & Diecuts from Graphic 45.
For this card tutorial we are using the February papers from Graphic 45’s “Fashion Forward” paper collection. The papers are just stunning-- both the bright and subtle pinks with just a touch of green and black. They highlight the darling white snowdrops, which bloom in Febuary . These three-petal white flowers are so pretty, with a single drooping blossom on each stem. They remind us that Spring is just around the corner!
The Focus is on Dies & Diecuts for this Card Tutorial
This month I am highlighting the use of dies & diecuts in card making. Why? Well, first of all, I love the Graphic 45 dies! They cut the prettiest frames, borders, words and images for your projects! The diecuts, which come in a pack of 51, coordinate perfectly with the Graphic 45 paper. They give us an embellishment with no fussy cutting required! Pairing a die with a diecut can create a beautiful and unique embellishment to your card!
What You’ll Need for the Card Tutorial
Here are the products and tools you will need to complete this card:
- One 5” x 6 1/2” Card base in Ivory or White
- Fashion Forward February Papers
- 5” x 6 1/2” Pink Scalloped paper from Fashion Forward Patterns & Solids pad
- Apple green card stock measuring 4 3/4” x 6 1/4”
- 4 5/8” x 6 1/8 Black paper from Fashion Forward Patterns & Solids pad
- snowdrop patterned paper (B side of February paper) cut at 4 3/4 “ x 1 1/4”
- 4” x 7/8” strip Pink Scalloped paper from Fashion Forward Patterns & Solids
- Sentiments strip from February paper
- Graphic 45 Policy & Decorative Dies Frame
- Shiny black paper measuring 3” x 4 “ (for frame)
- Graphic 45 Diecuts
- 4 Flowers 2 in Pink and 2 in Green
- 4 buttons
- Embroidery floss in pink, green
- Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink
- Graphic 45 Classic Black Ink Pad
- Ink applicator blending tool
- Shimmer Sparkle Spray
- Wet Glue or Scor-Tape
- Embossing Folders (optional)
- Pink doily
Dies & Diecuts: The February Card Tutorial
Note: Below you will see a series of dots below a photograph. These dots indicate that there are more than one photo. Just click on the arrow located halfway down either side of the photo, and you will see the next photo. Now, let’s get started!
- Before assembling card, cut out all 3 panels, including pink scalloped, green and black according to specs above. Ink all edges with Distress Oxide Ink.
- Using Graphic 45 frame die, cut out black frame as shown.
- Emboss black panel as shown (optional).
- Cut strips for banners using specs above, then create flags by cutting a 1/2 inch cut in the center of each flag. Cut at a diagonal to create flags.
- Adhere pink doily to black panel, with left side slightly off edge.
- Select girl image and cut image to fit frame using the Graphic 45 frame die.
- Adhere flags to panel on top of doily, lining the floral flag up with the side of the black panel, and the pink scalloped flag halfway on top of the floral flag. Make sure the tops of the flags line up with the top of the black panel.
- Using pop dots, adhere the diecut girl image to the center of the pink doily.
- Adhere the large pink panel to card base with Scor Tape.
- Next, adhere green panel to card base on top of pink panel.
- Finally, adhere black panel (doily and flags) to card base using Scor Tape.
- Using wet glue, adhere black frame to card base directly over the top of the girl image.
- Using embroidery floss, sew an x into all buttons. Use opposite color for thread. ( Pink on green buttons, green on pink buttons).
- Glue the buttons to the corresponding flower bases. Let dry.
- Adhere flowers to card front as shown, or as desired!
- Cut the sentiment (s) of your choice from the sentiment strips.
- Use black dye ink to distress edges of strip if desired.
- Adhere sentiment strip to card front as shown.
- Spray card with Shimmer Sparkle spray if desired, making sure to mask image of girl before spraying.
- Adhere or stamp a sentiment to inside of card if desired.
More Dies and Diecuts Coming Soon!
Be sure to check back for the February “Tag “Tutorial! Coming Soon to the FotoBella.com Blog!