Hello! I hope you're enjoying your Summer so far! Drea here with a set of buttons featuring the Bo Bunny (Sweet Clementine) I Want It All Bundle from FotoBella.com. I just LOVE buttons, and thought this would be a fun addition to a layout, as lids for jars, boxes, or tins, or even made into a set of cards!
- Bo Bunny Small Doilies
- Scissors for fussy-cutting
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Hole Punch
- Thin ribbons
- Cotton Swab
- Needle and embroidery threads (Optional)
1. Cut circles from the paper pack at 4 1/2", and cover the edges with Black Gesso using a palette knife. Set aside to dry.
2. Grab four white doilies, and cut inner circles out from two of them.
3. Cut circles from paper pack at 2 1/2". I just used the same patterns as the larger circles, with some of the backs. But I did fussy-cut the scallop on the top right, but would rather have used a circle instead, as most of it got covered anyways. Adhere the framed doilies to two of the circles, and after covering the other circle edges with Black Gesso, adhere on top of the whole doilies.
4. Punch four holes onto each inner circle to measure about 1 1/4" apart. Just punch one circle, and use it as a guide for the others. Then use a cotton swab to apply Black Gesso to the holes.
5. Attach thin ribbons through the holes to create a "stitch", and glue to the backs.
6. Attach the largest circle brads to the centers.
7. At this point, I decided to add some hand-stitched twine to the framed doilies, but it's optional.
8. Glue doilies to the larger circles from the first step.
9. Fussy-cut florals and butterflies from the fronts of the "bouquet" and "memories" papers. Curl up some of the edges, and adhere to the buttons along the bottom and sides.
10. Adhere small floral chipboard piece to the bottom left sides.
11. Curl butterfly wings up from the Noteworthy pack, and cover it with two coats of embossing powder to match the shine from the brads. Finally, adhere to the tops, and your buttons are ready to use!
The orange one is my favorite!
The butterfly on the red one was colored in the middle with Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry), before adding the embossing powder.