This month Kristie from the FotoBella design team used this bundle to create all of these these beautiful designs. She has shared instructions for one of these layouts below.
Instructions for “Friends make the world a happy place” layout
1. Cut a hand drawn bracket frame measuring 9”x11” from the green Bobunny paper. Place this to left side of page at an angle, leaving part hanging off the side of the page.
2. Cut another bracket frame at 6”x6” out of the rouge paper. Place this over the first raising slightly with some foam tape.
3. Cut a 2 ¼”x8” rectangle from the flower paper
4. Cut a 9 ½”x1 ½” strip from the circle paper, place these both to left side, keeping with the same angle as the bracket frames. Raise the flower one with foam tape.
5. Use a piece of purple cardstock (from my stash) to matte the photo. My photo is 4x6”, so my matte is 4 ¼”x6 ¼”.
6. Cut a 3”x4” piece of purple cardstock this goes to the right lower side of the photo
7. Cut a 3”x3”square from the flower paper this will go to the right lower of the photo, over the 3x3 piece
8. Using a border strip from the stickers, accordion fold it, then pull the fold out straight, when you stick it down try to keep some of the folds, this will give more dimension to you page.
9. Next make the flowers by using the “spiral circle” technique I found a link here: http://www.somewhatsimple.com/paper-flower-topiary-from-bits-of-me/ the only thing that I did different was I used a decorative edge scissors to cut mine.
10. Add all embellish from kit as shown, and sticker letters for title
I used the side of my scissors to distress the edges of all of the papers, I added some doodling, and a scalloped circle punch for some pieces
Hi my name is Kristie and I am so excited to be invited to design for FotoBella!
I am Married to a David,(the love of my life) and we have four awesome kidlets, and a furbaby named Lilly. My wonderful family is usually the subject of my scrappy projects, I have even been known to make them dress to match a page I want to do - lol! I have been scrapbooking and playing with paper for about twelve years, and I just love it! I don't think my style fits into any certain description, but I think I would call it "shabbydistressed bling"
I love to get my hands dirty and often use inks, and paints on my scrapbook pages. I love to distress my paper to add more dimension, and of course you always need a little bling! While scrapbooking is my favorite artistic hobby, I also dabble in photography, art journaling and mixed media. If you would like to see more of my crafty life, feel free to visit my blog http://kristietaylor.blogspot.com/.