Let’s make a Shaker Card! It’s summertime and it’s time to shake things up!
Hello crafty friends, it’s ReNae here with the FotoBella design team. The kids are home now and they all want to be doing lots of fun activities! If you like crafting with your kids here’s a fun idea! Make a shaker card using the colorful Graphic 45 Bird Watcher collection. It’s a cool way to spend a hot summer afternoon!
Bird Watcher, like all other Graphic 45 collections, includes the following products:
A 12×12 Collection Pack (comes with sticker sheet) an 8×8 Pad, a 12×12 Patterns & Solids Pad, a Chipboard pack, Journaling Cards, and Ephemera (Stickers and Die Cuts) And FotoBella has put together coordinating card stock and fibers for this collection not available anywhere else!
With all these wonderful products, it is super easy to ‘make and shake‘ a beautiful shaker card, And it will keep the kids busy at the same time! Just click on the products above. The link will take you to the FotoBella.com website! Then you can purchase everything you’ll need to make this beautiful shaker card!
The Shaker Card
Note: Before assembling card, distress the edges of all papers with Distress Ink.
- Cut a rectangle measuring 5 x 6 1/2 “ from the Pink Patterned paper and adhere it (pretty side up) to front of a 5 x 6 1/2“ card base.
- Next, cut a panel measuring 4 3/4 x 6 1/4 from the blue and white striped pattern paper.
- Select framed flower panel with Framed Bird from packaged die cuts and adhere to center of the paper on front of card.
- Cut an opening the center of the striped panel using an oval die.
- Adhere acetate to inside of panel with oval opening.
The Shaker Card Window
- In order to create the shaker card window, you will use 1\4 dimensional tape and go around the oval opening, Using two layers of dimensional tape to create a 1/2 inch wall around the oval.
- Place dimensional tape around the outside panel of the card panel so that when window is adhered the panel will be adhered evenly.
- To put the “shake” in your Shaker Card, carefully place all the sequins and 2+3 bees in the center of the bird image so that when you hold the shaker panel over the top you can see that the sequins will be directly under the shaker window.
- Once the sequins are placed, remove the protective film from the tape and adhere the shaker window to the floral panel below. Make sure to line up the sides of the card so that there is a 1/4 inch border on all sides revealing the pink panel underneath.
- Next, embellish the card by placing two 2 flowers on the top right side of the oval. Adhere flowers and button flowers centers.
- Cut a strip measuring 1 1/4” x 4 1/2” from yellow patterned paper. Also cut a fishtail in one end of the strip creating a banner.
- Cut another strip this time from the blue patterned paper measuring 3/4’ and cut a fishtail in one end of the strip creating a banner.
- Adhere the two fishtail banners to the bottom right side of the oval on the front of your shaker card.
- Cut two little paper stamps and adhere to card front, in between the banners on the left side.
- Finally, add buttons and a bow if desired.
- Your shaker card is now finished!
I hope you will try this fun activity with your kids (no matter what age they are)! Making shaker cards is a cool way to spend a hot summer day! Have fun!
Post a Comment